Monday, August 16, 2010

Jamming!

A couple of weeks ago, I decided on a whim that it would be cool to make some jam. I just happened to have a bunch of blueberries, so I thought, why not? It's easy, right? I could not have been more wrong. I didn't have ANY of the necessary canning equipment, which is greatly needed if you want to do this efficiently. For the next hour, I burned myself multiple times, hot jam boiled over into my stove, and I don't think I've ever seen my husband more frustrated. By the end of it my kitchen looked like a blueberry bomb had gone off, but I had 8 perfect jars of blueberry jam, sealed and cooling on a kitchen towel.

I wouldn't recommend being as unprepared as I was, but all things considered I think it turned out pretty dang good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails